Friday 24 July 2015

Feature Follow Friday



Feature Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, and is a way to meet and greet new followers.
So hello any new followers! Feel free to say hi on this post.


Today's question is: What is your favorite movie? - Suggested by A Kernel of Nonsense

My favourite movie of all time is Guillermo del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth. It's a dark fairytale woven through the realities of war, and while I can't watch the movie often because of the gore and horror, it still resonates within me. 
I'm a sucker for fairytales and fairytale retellings, and this has the same feel as one of Grimm's original gory fairytales. 

The pale man continues to haunt my dreams
The imagery is so gorgeous, and the atmosphere is enchanting yet hollow. It's a horror film as much as a fairytale.

It's a huge influence on my writing, as I too, write dark fantasy--fairytales with a twist. 

What about you? What's your favourite movie? I'd love to hear all about it.

And don't forget to enter my giveaway for The Nutcracker Bleeds. It's international, and the book is a dark fairytale much like this is.


19 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I've never seen that movie. What cool looking costumes/creatures!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never watched that one.. will be sure to check that out now:-) Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/07/feature-follow-18-my-favorite-movies.html

    Old Follower:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember being really scared when I was watching that movie! But I did enjoy it. Happy Friday!

    New bloglovin follower :)

    Here's my FFF

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I almost forgot about this movie! This movie is quite freaky haha, but very well put together!

    Already following you through GFC :)


    Check out my FF post here! :)


    Looking forward to seeing you around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this movie before! It sounds really cool. Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting creatures. I’ve never seen that movie. I’m a new Bloglovin’ follower.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg that movie was amazing! That eye monster guy freaked me out for the longest time. Such a well done film!
    New follower :)
    Here's my Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! I liked that movie as well. =) New follower

    Nette's Novel Notes FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. That movie is so good!!! I was completely enthralled the whole time watching it!

    New follower via Bloglovin
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen this one because I thought it would be to creepy. Maybe I'm missing out. I might have to check it out. Thanks so much for sharing new follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen Pan's Labyrinth, but it looks cool :)

    New follower via Bloglovin'

    Here's my Feature and Follow

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I've never heard of the movie but it looks really good. Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great movie! So unique! I love it! New follower via GCF and Bloglovin'
    Please check out my FF and maybe follow back... :D

    http://sweetcherry69.blogspot.com/2015/07/feature-follow-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard of this movie but never watched it. It looks to be very peculiar. :)
    I've followed via Bloglovin. I hope you'll stop by my FF post and follow back. Have a nice weekend.

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome pick I really want to see this movie really bad because I absolutely love Del Toro works and fairytale retellings. Old follower on Bloglovin and GFC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remembered Labyrinth but I can't recall much of it as I watched it when I was a child, I think it's time for a re-watch.

    Feature & Follow Friday.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pan's Labyrinth is such a great movie. I've actually only see it once, but wow, is it one that stays with you! Are you looking forward to seeing Crimson Peak? Looks pretty creepy too. :-)

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen Pan's Labyrinth, but I have seen Labyrinth with David Bowie from forever ago! Labyrinth is one of my favorites! I'll have to check out Pan's! New Bloglovin' follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. New follower :D
    Caroline @ Just Another Bookish Blog
    http://justanotherbookishblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/feature-follow-1.html

    ReplyDelete