Sunday 2 October 2011

In My Mailbox (05)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren where bloggers showcase the books they received over the week. 
I had a fantastic mailbox this week. I'm so excited for all the books I got, and have no idea what to start first. Have a look and tell me in the comments what you think I should start with. :)
Bought:

From top to bottom:

-The Drowning City by Amanda Downum; Pirates, thieves and necromancers? Man, this sounds like my kind of book!

- Ganymede by Cherie Priest; Can I just say 'AHHHHHHHHHH'? I love Cherie Priest's Clockwork Century series, and I'm so super excited to dig into the newest installment.

- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson; So, I've been seeing talk about this book for a while, and apparently it has something to do with Jack the Ripper? That sounds like my cup of tea.

- Angel Arias by Marianne de Pierres; I still haven't read the first book, even though i own it, and it's signed, so maybe now that I have the second, I'll have more incentive to read it. Apparently it's great.

- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins; OH MY GOSH, I am so excited for this. I really loved Anna, and have high expectations for this one.

- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern; I've heard mixed reviews about this one, so I'm curious to check it out. Here's hoping I'll like it. *fingers crossed*

Won:
- Sisters Red by Jackson pearce; I won this from Jackson Pearce's #sweetly day. I kind of almost screamed when the postie came to drop it off. Thank you so much, Jackson!!! 

Library:
 - Special A by Maki Minami; I love manga, and I love discovering new manga. Has anyone read this series before? If so, what do you think of it?

- Love in Complete Sentences by Mary E. Mitchell; This looks... interesting. It's not usually what I go for, but I'm willing to try new things.

-Touch of Frost by Jennifer Estep; I've been hearing talk about this series for a while now, and I really want to see what the fuss is about. Is this just another fad, or something worth reading?

- The Fear by Charlie Higson; This is the third book in the Enemy series, and OH MY GOSH, I am so excited to read this. The last two books kept me gnawing at my nails from the suspense. Seriously, guys, if you haven't read the first two books, do it immediately.

-Fables, vol 12: The Dark Ages by Bill Willingham; Man, this series is such a ride. I'm depressed that I'm slowly catching up to the current issues. Waiting a year or more for each volume is so not appealing. *sighs*

- Jack of Fables, vol 1: The (Nearly) Great Escape by Bill Billingham; This is a spin-off series from Fables, so I'm sort of excited to start this. I want as much Fables as I can get my hands on.

What did you get in you mailboxes this week? What do you think of the books I got? Feel free to leave your links in the comments.

* Don't forget to enter my Dark Angel giveaway. It's international, and is open for only 6 more days.

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely smashing mailbox as usual! :) I have to check The Drowning City, it sounds really good. The Night Circus, The Name of The Star, Angel Arias and Touch of Frost are on my wishist too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mailbox!! Name of the Star is on my list for this month :)

    Lola is SOOO good, even better than Anna!!

    I've heard amazing things about Night Circus, can't wait to get around to my copy.

    I enjoyed Touch of Frost, but it had a bit of a slow start.

    Thanks for stopping by My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a galley of The Name of the Star that I really want to devour soon... And Lola was GOOD; finished it yesterday night. And The Night Circus is just -- I think you've read my review:).

    You have no idea how happy I am for you that you got Sweetly. After all those tweets. WORTH IT; IT WAS WORTH IT.

    I LOVE SPECIAL A. OH. MY. GOD. It's adorable. There's an anime, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great ones this week!

    My copy of Name of the Star isn't here yet. I'm hoping it'll show up soon!

    Hope you enjoy your books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic IMM. So many GORGEOUS books. The Name of the Star sounds creeptastic. I'm currently reading The Night Circus and it's really really good. Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iv heard so many good things about The Night Circus

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome books! I can't wait to read The Name of the Star. I bet it's creepy! Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ordering Name the Star & Lola this week. Can't wait to read.

    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay on Jackson Pearce and The Night Circus! I'm so curious about Sweetly (which is the one of her books I have!) and The Night Circus... wow. I cannot wait to give it a go! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy. :)

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul! Congrats on the win!
    I really hope you love Lola & the Boy Next Door. That's one of my top faves this year. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Name of the Star sounds so good I can't wait o get it myself. Also, signed books are awesome!!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog. : )
    You've got some great books I can't wait to get Lola And The Boy Next Door. Can't wait to see what you think. Happy reading -
    Gabby @ Ya Pixie ( New Follower)

    ReplyDelete
  13. First. Special A was awesome in the beginning. And then it felt tired. The mangaka's new manga is like crack though. I don't think it's been licensed yet though.

    Lola... was okay. Dude, everyone's probably side-eying (eye-ing?) me but I just felt that Anna was so much better. And I'm so glad you finally go the Pearce book. <3

    ReplyDelete